Portland Lettings Ltd, owner of www.crabberswharf.co.uk is committed to protecting your privacy. We only use the information that we collect about you lawfully. We do not share or sell this information with any third party. We use all information collected in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, EU Privacy and Communications Directive and the General Data Protection Regulations.
Your rights are:
• The right of access – to your personal data and obtain information about how we process it.
• The right to rectification – without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data including the completion of incomplete data.
• The right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’) – the right to obtain from the data controller the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay.
• The right to restriction of processing under certain circumstances.
• The right to data portability – the right to receive personal data from the controller in order to transmit those data to another controller.
• The right to Object – the right to object, at any time, to the processing of personal data concerning you.
• You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling.
• The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (The Information Commissioner’s office).
We collect information about you for these reasons:
• In order to register you for our services, including the processing of bookings and payments.
• To allow us to correspond with you by mail, telephone or email regarding your enquiry, your booking or for general administrative reasons.
• To help us meet your holiday booking requirements and our obligations.
• To advise you of special offers or events (if requested)
• To request feedback on our service
• To request or process any special requirements or requests you may have.
The type of information we will collect about you includes:
• Your name
• Telephone numbers
• Email address
• Payment details
• Holiday property requirements and special requests or requirements
• Booking and enquiry details through our company or affiliate booking agents.
The personal information that we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. Our primary goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide you with the optimum experience while using our services. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customise our service.
How we use your information:
We use personally identifiable information about you to provide a service to you before, during and after the course of your booking, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to statistically analyse website usage (if you booked through our website), to improve our content and product offerings and to customise our website’s content, layout, and services. We believe these uses allow us to improve our site and better tailor it to meet your needs.
We will only use your email address and telephone number which you provide in the course of meeting your holiday booking requirements or communicating with you for administrative purposes.
We will only use your email address for marketing purposes, such as informing you of special offers and local events if you have requested this, and you have the option to ‘opt out’ at any time. If you wish to ‘opt out’ then please email firstname.lastname@example.org and call 01305 443333 to confirm we have received your email, then allow 5-10 working days for this to be fully processed, including confirmation of removal.
We may use the information we obtain from your current and past activities on the website to resolve any disputes or troubleshoot problems.
We will only hold your data for as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as during the time are providing goods and services to you or managing contracts or maintaining future communications with you for marketing purposes, if agreed.
Further information on your Privacy rights can be obtained from The Information Commissioner’s Office.
We use a number of different cookies on our website, www.crabberswharf.co.uk
If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them visit www.aboutcookies.org. You can delete www.crabberswharf.co.uk cookies having visited this site, or use your browser’s anonymous setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” for Internet Explorer, “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari etc.). Some of the cookies we use are needed to make our website function. When you arrive at our website you have the choice to accept all, or only the cookies necessary for website function.
We automatically track certain information about you based upon your behaviour on our website (if you book directly). We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand and serve you.
We use a web analytics tool to analyse site usage, how our users arrive at our site, what they do on the site, what browser they are using and on what operating system etc. However, this analytics data is anonymous and not tied to any personally identifiable information.
We use social media click buttons on our website which take you to our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and so on) if you click on them. These enable you to share or bookmark web pages of interest. To connect these to our website we use scripts from domains outside our control. You should be aware that these sites are likely to be collecting information on your browsing habits across the internet. Clicking any of these buttons will register that action with the host site who may then use that information for its own purposes. We cannot control this. If you are logged into their services, e.g. Google, Facebook or Twitter, these sites may well be recording your browsing of our site even if you haven’t used the relevant click button. You should check the respective policies of each of these sites.